Translate

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

                                  Happy New Year!

I created this blog so that I can share things that I enjoy. I started learning about needle crafts when I was in my early teens. My Mom sat across from me and patiently taught me how to Crochet. You see, she was right handed and I was left handed. Back in those days I used to think that Mom's favorite words were "rip it out".  I finally got the hang of it and enjoyed many years of Crocheting with my Mom. We made blankets, poncho's, potholders, and hats of all sizes. I recently lost my Mom and I sure am going to miss those days we shared with hook in hand.

As I grew up I taught myself the basics of cross stitch, quilting, and a little bit of tatting. I find the needle work relaxing, even when it causes my fingers to cramp.
It's been a while since I tatted anything and I have forgotten how to tat. So this year I am going to treat myself to learning all over again. I have bought a couple of shuttles (it was a two pack), and a #5 needle. I always have yarn on hand so now all I need to do is pick up a couple of new how to books for beginners.

I hope that you will join me along this journey as I get back to some basics of simple enjoyment. 

                                                                 
Oh! Did I mention this is also my first blog? Lots of learning to do this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment